G-WAC is implementing a wide range of measures/activities:
- G-WAC will set up a joint management and evaluation structure and a cross-sectoral, international advisory board.
- G-WAC will provide full-time PhD scholarships for fourteen Ghana-based PhD students who will benefit from multi-disciplinary supervision by German and Ghanaian researchers.
- The project will develop and deliver a series of short courses in Pandemic Prevention/Preparedness and provide scholarships for West-African policy makers, practitioners, and researchers.
- G-WAC will set up a bi-directional mobility scheme for PhD and MSc students, and postdoctoral level researchers.
- G-WAC will host Germany-based PhD students for research stays (3 months), and support (including stipends) will be made available to high-potential African researchers/PhD students from outside of Ghana for research stays (3 months) at the G-WAC in Ghana.
- G-WAC will organize biennial West-African Policy Dialogues on Pandemic Prevention/Preparedness anda major international conference (e.g. a World Health Summit Regional Meeting).