G-WAC aims to achieve five main objectives (outcomes):
- A new joint Global Health PhD training programme and a Short Professional Development programme in Pandemic Prevention and Preparedness is offered and existing curricula of Masters’ programmes are updated.
- Graduates of the G-WAC’s training programmes are prepared to become academic and political leaders and advisors in Global/One Health and Pandemic Prevention/Preparedness.
- Research streams in Global Health and Pandemic Prevention/Preparedness are newly established or strengthened as evidenced by more than 30 joint publications and at least five joint funding applications.
- Cooperation between existing national and international partners in academia, public administration, policy makers, civil society and other stakeholders is enhanced.
- G-WAC is recognised as a Centre of Excellence with expertise in Global Health and Pandemic Prevention in the African Region and radiates internationally